Sunday, January 8, 2012

Meandering the internet but finding the essential...

Thanks to Pavan, creator of a great blog, Pancakes for Recess, I discovered these great posters by Christian Jackson.  I can't help but think what a great lesson for theme or what is the essential essence of a story, having kids create the image for a favorite story. 

When I was a child my parents bought an Encyclopedia Britannica and I would go to look up something for homework and then start looking at other articles, not always completing the initial homework far later than I should have (in case my students might read this, of course I always got my homework completed eventually...) and I find myself doing this as well on the internet. 

I look at a posting on twitter and that leads me in other directions such as today but many times just like many years ago these meanderings are often quite useful and often delightful. 

2 comments:

Alan Cooper said...

That rings a bell for me! For one with a happily wandering mind the internet just makes it better. Time spent diverted is only wasted if the diversion is not so diverting as the straight-line path.

Greg Pincus said...

Oooh, those are great posters! Thanks for sharing that link.