Monday, October 10, 2011

Getting it right...

I am definitely behind in posting.  Other things have obviously gotten in the way!  Now it's Thanksgiving and a cold has slowed me down so that I am finally found my way back to this blog!  School seems a bit distant when it's a long weekend.  I think it's now been about four weeks with my new class.  It's funny how every year is a learning process.  So much of these first few weeks with a new class is assessment, figuring out where we need to go.   I am also having to figure out again how to do the tricky business  of covering two different curriculum with two different grade levels.   I have also gone from the end of grade seven to the beginning of grade six and seven...
Sometimes people ask me how I get the great work out of my students that I do and quite honestly, it often is a bit of a mystery to me.  The last few weeks I think I could tell you quite a few ways I haven't done things right!  The best part of teaching is you do get the opportunity to try to get it right at least some of the time.  So stay tuned...


No comments: