Saturday, March 26, 2011

Into Spring Break and Thinking of Gardening...




It's interesting how one's life changes in a week. I am out of school, which takes an amazing proportion of my time.   One nice thing is that spring has definitely arrived on the west coast.  I am back in my garden trying to prune and get rid of excess leaves etc.  I am really not a great gardener but I do love to see things grow.  I moan and groan as I plant bulbs often in horrible weather  but love to see them spring up (what a pun).  I just noticed a new book, Sugar Snaps and Strawberries by a favorite garden blogger,Andrea Bellamy. so I think I might just have to go out and try to buy it.  Maybe I will be inspired to grow more things I can actually eat other than herbs, tomatoes and lettuce.  She's having a book launch party at Barbara Jo's on Monday but I unfortunately (or fortunately for me)  will be in Seattle.

One thing about not going anywhere too exotic is that I am catching up on things, but the more I catch up the more things I find to do!!!  I check off things on my list and the list keeps expanding!!!  Right now off to deal with my taxes!!!  Anyway just wanted to share some green thoughts with you and a couple of pictures from my garden.

No comments: