Friday, March 12, 2010

Post Olympics

It was a strange week after the Olympics ended.  We were euphoric, the hockey win was icing on the cake.  I was busy with company from Montreal but it was great fun having them here for the end of the festivities.  My flooded basement was back to normal.  School was busy-it was hard getting work done with all the excitement so felt a need to catch up plus evaluate to be ready for report cards.  My class presented their Olympic projects.  When I saw the first three I really wondered about my teaching ability as they had chosen to ignore the criteria, more caught up in multi media presentations than in information but the rest were really rather excellent and the first three pairs filled in their gaps and redid their presentations.  We ended the week with an Olympic project fair inviting other classes to see their work.  It was a challenge  for my class to figure out how one made the projects understandable and interesting for the primary students as well as intermediate.  I think it was a fun and hopefully educational morning for the classes that visited and it ended nicely with our grade one buddy class coming to see the projects and then pairing up for shared reading.  My grade one teaching colleague and I had breakfast yesterday at the Pan Pacific and we both feel that our buddy program has been one of our best successes this year.  Now I won't bore you with the lunch that disappeared from the cloakroom or the lost science notebook that reappeared in someone else's knapsack... Life is never meant to be totally perfect.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
meredyth kezar said...

Just so you don't think I am suppressing interesting information I had a couple of posts that dealt with technical matters and then referred you to ads so I didn't think anyone would be interested in those!