Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Haiku anyone?


I am feeling guilty. I am behind in my blogging. There has just been too much literacy "stuff" to blog it appears. Up early, cleaning out my vsb e-mail, and I discovered information on the Vancouver Cherry Festival that I probably haven't sent out. I hit their beautiful website and thought what a lovely way to find a bit of peace in the busy classroom. Teaching grade six, my class usually studied Japan in depth and many haiku were written. With this festival, your students can submit haiku and who knows, their poem might be posted on a bus! The festival organizers are anxious to have school submissions and many of you like me may not have known about the festival. Due date is mid December. Gorgeous photographs to inspire your students and teaching tips and lots of other neat information is on their beautiful website!

No comments: