Monday, October 27, 2008

Drop Everything and Read


Well, yes, I did drop everything and I read the first few chapters of a new Orca young adult book, res judicata by Vicki Grant. I am intrigued and I think I will have to take it home tonight to finish. Intriguing characters with a Halifax setting. Mom is a lawyer, once a street kid, who had her teenage son when she was no more than sixteen. The story is told from the point of view of her son who ends up having to help out his mom more than he sometimes wants to.

I spent the weekend in Kelowna attending the provincial International Reading Association conference but I also had time to discover the best wine I have ever tasted in the Okanagan and experienced bicycling on high on the Kettle Valley Railway.

Today I have also had a chance to update my wiki so that you can download all our annotated book lists and also our dvd lists. Just check out my pbwiki site on the side at Good Sites to Visit! Bringing the wiki up to date will be a continuing project for me...

No comments: