Thursday, June 19, 2008

Junuary, and yes there will be summer!

Casting into summer... difficult to believe in Junuary. No fears Learning Services staff braved the elements to play bocci on the Education Centre grounds Thursday! The year hasn't ended but we are busily planning next year! Trying to find space for workshops and meetings in the Education Centre can be a real challenge so that it pays to book early! Barb, Carol, and Shelagh are heading off to Oregon next week to go to workshops with the folks at Choice Literacy. Expect a report from me when I go to Washington, D.C. in July to go to a Literacy Institute at National Geographic Headquarters. I have to admit the cocktail party in The Explorers' Hall of Fame intrigues me!
Just finishing this short blog off before I go to the workshop on Oral Language and Lit Circles with Faye Brownlie at Thompson this morning. I am including here a link to the book, Student Diversity: Classroom Strategies for All Learners, which she wrote with Catherine Feniak and Layton Schnellert. You can download an excellent chapter on Literature Circles there.
A bit of an advertisement, there will be a Later Literacy Summer Institute August 26 and 27 at the VSB in order to gear up for another year. Scary, I know! For details just go to VSB pro d site, link is just on the right!

No comments: