Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Faye's books that she mentioned...

As promised, here are three of the books that Faye mentioned as being great for Lit Circles. The first was A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Child Soldier by Ishmael Beah. This is the true story of a boy soldier which Faye's daughter couldn't stop reading. The second is Fish by L.S. Matthew. This is a book that is easier but hard to put down. The third the first of a series of Roman mysteries written by Caroline Lawrence, The Thieves of Ostia. I haven't read any of these yet but I have A Long Way Gone sitting here for summer reading, I think I will have to buy Fish, and I am going to start on the Roman mysteries series partly because I actually went to Ostia long ago so that it will be neat to imagine what it was like beyond the archaeological site. If you missed Faye's session, you can read about it on Moira Ekdahl's Teacher Librarian blog. Also Denise North, Killarney's teacher librarian has great directions and suggested books for lit circles grades 8-12 on the Teacher-Librarians' wiki.

No comments: